The AA website
Copy rewrites and structural redesign of core product pages — plus, advice articles development.
Joe, from the start, showcased his deep knowledge and passion for all things content. His copywriting showed creative flair and Joe also thought about the science of content. He used his knowledge of SEO, UX and analytics to produce digital journeys that worked hard for customers. Joe is an asset to any content team, I would hire him again in a heartbeat.
Following a rebrand, the AA was in the process of redesigning and replatforming its website. As part of the migration process, the site’s content required a serious overhaul in order to get it up to speed with latest brand guidelines. More generally, a lot of information had become out-of-date and not optimised for search, usability, and conversion.
Existing content didn’t reflect the company’s new human tone of voice. Furthermore, its product messaging and value propositions were… a tad prosaic. And more broadly, the site was in need of a serious structural tidy up, with lots of confusing links and info-overload hampering user experience.
The site’s driving school pages were a case in point.
Jumping into the new site CMS, Sitecore, I got to work on fresh concepts for page layouts, modules, and copy assets.
New suggested page assets focused on optimising for:
- stronger information hierarchy, with need-to-knows at the top of the page, and further details coming later
- crisp value propositions and proof points
- better audience and user journey segmentation
- more sophisticated cross-selling of products and services
Which started looking like this…
New driving school landing page
Driving lessons detail page
Driving lessons advice articles
Wider advice articles revised and updated
New site: winner of UK Sitecore Ultimate Experience Award 2016—recognised for delivering the right content, to the right customer at the right time—every time
Revised and updated topical content led to 24% increase in organic online traffic and 15% increase in online revenue.
Full list of pages written or edited
- Breakdown renewals
- Manage your breakdown cover (logged in area)
- AA key assist
- The AA smartphone app landing page
- Driving school landing page
- Book driving lessons page
- Become a driving instructor
- Join The AA Driving Instructor Franchise
- Driving school advice (category page)
- What you need to know before learning to drive: a checklist
- From provisional licence to passing: key steps to learning to drive
- Tips for passing your driving test first time
- Driving theory test: what to expect
- Driving practical test: what to expect
- Money saving tips for new drivers
- First-time car buyer advice
- How much will my first car cost?
- Top 10 breakdown causes and how to avoid them
- Put the wrong fuel in? What to do