Department for International Trade
Content strategy | Product development
Discovery and content design work for a redeveloped events platform.
The department’s existing events platformed suffered from a range of UX issues.
- Content formats: non-standardised, inconsistent branding, links to events living on different platforms
- Readability and language: individual event pages very jargon-heavy, non plain English, inaccessible
- Messaging: lightweight, generic, non-instructive
- Conversion optimisation: copy missing cognitive principles of influence/persuasion
- SEO: missing basics of consistent keyword research and targeting
- Metadata and taxonomies: messy, unaligned with wider department vocabularies, not aligned with language of users
- IA and navigation: extremely limited, reverse-chronological list of events, not topical, not structured, not user-centred